First Baptist Church Paoli was organized on May 9, 1863. On that day Rev. J. B. Porter acted as moderator, and Luke B. Cogswell acted as clerk. The church was fully recognized by the Baptists of Indiana on July 10, 1868. The one-room church building was built in 1893 and was dedicated on May 27, 1894. The pastor at time of dedication was Rev. O. T. Conger. The church building was also renovated in 1944 and 1950 to add on two wings, which doubled the seating capacity.
Church History Information was pulled from Orange County Historical Society’s book Orange County Churches, which was published in 1993.